Tuesday

And Now I'm bucked off the horse.

 Anyone remember this picture from almost a year ago? It was our second attempt (and first REAL good try) at potty training Gwenna, when she was nearly 2 and 1/2.


Well, right after this happened (Mer turned 2 on Saturday) - 


She decided, all on her own, that she was done with diapers.  I'd leave them alone for 10 minutes while I took a shower and come out to find Meredith without pants or diaper.

"Where did your dipey go, Mer?"  She looked at me with certainty, "Diapa ucky.  Diapa in gabage."  And sure enough, there it would be, on top of the pile of trash in the garbage can with a bit of "ucky" in it, whatever that may be at that point.

So yesterday we got the potty out of storage and thought we'd start the next day.  Nothing like the morning to give you a fresh start.  Seemed like as good a time as any.  Until, that is, Mer refused to put a diaper on at all and my stubborn child (which she has always been), decided that exact moment was right.


I guess she was right because she came in from a bike ride with Gwenny and Ted, sat down and peed.  Then this morning at breakfast she said, "Potty, potty!" - ran in and went #2!  So, I guess Mer knows best.


So much for being "back in the saddle" ... I've got more pressing matters at the moment.  So see ya' when I see ya'!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Woohoo for big girls! Lucky ducky you Miss Kelly. How fabulous that she is doing it herself, we are sooo not there yet. Best wishes on your latest potty adventure!

Jessica said...

Jealous!...I had my first fun feces morning in Ammon's room. He had taken off his icky #1 diaper and then proceeded to go #2 on the carpet. I am grateful he wasn't feeling particularly artistic. In fact, he hated having the poop on both his feet and one of his hands. Reg's solution is, "Time to Potty Train!!"

Amy said...

That's awesome! I was potty trained at an earlier age than my sister was because I had her example to follow. Go, Mer, go!

The Browns said...

YAY! Great job Mer!! What a big girl! Wouldn't it be great if ALL kids were this easily potty trained??? I know I'd love it.