Friday

5 for Friday Excitement

This. Day. Was. Bad. Every once in a great while Gwenna gets on a kick that last the better part of day. She whines if you look at her and flails at the mention of a nap... or sharing... or anything contrary to her precise desire of that moment. It's like a quarterly terrible two day that is really extreme becuase it comes around so rarely.

With that in mind, I want to list 5 things I'm excited about, to shake the funk of today.

1. Ted finished his first commissioned woodworking piece this week. What I'm really trying to say is that Ted was paid to make a custom bookshelf. And he did awesome. There are some minor adjustments to be made but all in all, he rocked it.

2. We have zucchini coming out our noses. Well not really that much. We pick 2-3 every 3-4 days. So not a TON yet but it's getting there. And we're BIG on zucchini in our house so I doubt any of it will even be given away.

3. I'm wearing most of my pre-surgery (i.e. regular) clothes. My stomach is still a little tender, mostly my belly button incision, but I can wear most of my normal clothes. It feels great to be out of goucho pants and t-shirts and be able to wear other things... when I want to.

4. We're planning a trip to Utah for August. When out CA trip got the axe, Ted thought we should do something fun in place of it. We're going to take about a week and meander up there and just plan. We're looking forward to it.

5. I'm going on a day trip to Tucson tomorrow, with my husband, withOUT my children. Bless those dear sweet girlish bedlamites... And bless the women who will be watching them. I'm sure they will behave. That's just how it goes, right? They're great for other people and not so much for you? ... I jest. ... Mostly.

In other news, Ted is now a working man. He spent 12 months unemployed and going to school full-time (and then some, it seemed!) with a short stint of employment that was a joke. People who work full time and then some and still want to remember what their children look like can't work. ... But now he does. More on that later, but suffice it to say his first two days were loooooong, 6.30-8 and 7.30-7. So yay for Tucson tomorrow!

No comments: