Sunday

Oh, what a difference a day makes!

If I got pregnant right now, today, Meredith and her sibling would be 20 months apart. (That's right, my little baby is just a couple days shy of 11 months old!)
... And that's crazy to me - the potential spacing, not the age of Meredith, because that's a whole other post of freaking out-age.

I had 2 babies 16 months apart. When Gwenna was almost 8 months old on the money, I found out I was pregnant. Looking back, I was mildly freaked out for a day or two and then every so often for a moment or so after that... but overall I was SO excited. And we all know that I love being pregnant so that was icing on the cake.

I'm just kind of baby hungry today so I want to be reminiscent. We don't plan on having any babies for a while and so it's tough for me to be baby hungry. But being that this is the case, I thought to indulge my reminiscent whim and look at the amazing difference a day can make.

The day before I was induced, almost 2 weeks late, with Gwenna Elizabeth:


Don't I look young and well rested in that picture? Wow, that was less than 2 and a half years ago.

And the following day...


This was the first picture I have of just me and Gwenna. I love her tiiiiiiiny little eyes sticking out of all that mess of blankie and hat. She was so little!!

And then there is not even 1 year ago, ragged from chasing a 16 month old baby girl around, one who everyon called "busy" to mask the truth - that she was hyperactive (she has since calmed down) with 38 weeks of baby protruding...


It's amazing for me to look back and think there was almost an entire month difference in incubation between my first tiny baby (5 lbs. 12 oz.) and my second baby (5 lbs. 9 oz.) ... And a difference of 1 pound gained.

And a day later, what a glorious day, when we welcomed Miss Olivia Meredith into our family.


My sweet, teeny baby. Just moments after her birth.

Oh, what a difference a day makes. Granted, those are big, important days, but still just a matter of 1 day's time can bring a beautiful little person into the world.

Ok, I think I have my baby fix filled for a little while. But don't be surprised if you read another post like this soon.

3 comments:

Jewel said...

I've probably said this before, but it is NOT fair how beautiful you look in your birth pictures. Even if you were tired from chasing a hyperactive 16-month-old around.
And this made me feel better. Jack and his new sibling are going to be 20 months apart, and although I'm thrilled about the idea of having another baby to love, I still get just a little panicky occasionally--especially when I think about the fact that I have to go through labor again. So reading this helped me realize that it is possible. :)

Suzanne M said...

Dearest Kelly,
We are one in the same, arent we? I have been baby hungry on and off for a couple months. It wasnt until I was late this past month that I went from baby hungry to terrified of another baby. I took 2 pregnancies tests, both of which were negative but 2 weeks went by and I still had no proof that I wasnt pregnant. It's funny that I was baby hungry but when the actual thought that a baby might be coming popped into my head, I was suddenly terrified and knew we couldnt do this agian right now.
Luckily, 2 1/2 weeks late, Mother Nature showed up with a present and I am back to my not-so-baby-hungry stage. That scare made me realize just how much I CANT have a baby right now. It just isnt the right timing.
Hope youre doing well and having fun staring at newborn pictures of your beautiful girls. I do that all the time with my kids. :)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I had to laugh. I just had to! Because I totally, totally get what you're saying!

My first two are 19 months apart. And hey, I was good for a while!

So when I called my husband up sobbing to tell him that, sure, our second baby was only 5 months old but hey, we're going to have another one, it was not pretty. Yea... 14 months apart.

LOL, whatever happens, you'll do awesome I'm sure. :D