Wednesday

On why I hate tonsills.

3 weeks of recovery from a double ear infection and tonsillitis
1 tonsillectomy
1 ER trip
7 puke bucket washings
4 pukey towels that I still haven't washed
6 calls to the doctor
4 babysitters in 5 days
20+ pills a day
2 children who used to love me
9 ... as in 9 on a scale of 1-10 for pain
2 fists of hair pulled out
3 or more pacing fits a day trying to figure out if it's more important to eat or get my husband more ice water

But on the up side...
We have been the kind recipients of
Countless prayers
Numerous phone calls and texts to check on our health and well being
About 14 hours of free child care
2 generous meals

So while it doesn't quite even out (I still hate tonsils), we are being well taken care of.

Now if my youngest daughter would just do me the kind honor of sleeping through the night tonight, I might regain my sanity or at least find time in the day to shower tomorrow.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Eesh, I hate tonsils too! Now is it you or Ted who is so sick?

Amy said...

I hope you get your shower. Sometimes, when life is crazy like that, showers are heavenly.

I'm also glad you got 14 free hours of child care (amongst all the other things).

See you soon! (And stay healthy!)

Heather said...

Oh dear! I am so sorry that Ted is having such a rough go of tonsils. And I realize "rough go" hardly does what you guys are dealing with justice. Hope you are all on the mend soon.