Wednesday

Second Batch

One of my friends from high school made a cute winter hat for Gwenna and I promised her a batch of yummy chocolate chip cookies in exchange. You see, she just moved to a higher elevation and isn't sure cookies can be made anymore. But all of us up here at 7,000 feet know the real secrets!

So I made batch last week and procrastinated sending them off until I decided that I needed to make a fresh batch to send.

What a mistake! Somehow my second batch of cookies fell! Isn't that was I was trying to prove? - That baking at high elevation is totally possible and not only possible but awesome?! My recipe has never done that before! They're still real yummy, but they're FLAT! The second batch was NOT a good idea. I don't even know if I have the will power to make more. But I really don't want to send flat cookies. This is a terrible pickle I've gotten myself into!

But my other second batch WAS a good idea.

I had Ted take my 33 weeks belly shot today and it turned out funky. I think it was the shirt I was wearing... or maybe... I don't even know but they were all bad.

So I put on my fool proof sweater. Do you have an article of clothing that you just feel good in? For me, it's my gray sweater. I knew I loved it the second I put it on. I love gray and I love me in gray and I love sweaters... everything just comes together so well.

So Ted took more pictures and the second batch came out better than the first, thankfully.

Right profile:


Left profile:



Seriously, LOVE this sweater. I'll likely wear it long after there is no reason to be wearing a maternity sweater. It OK, though, because I think this sweater is good like that. I hope. We'll see.

But now I have to go take it off because I have a hot date on Friday and I want to wear it... with no banana or chocolate on it and Gwenna just woke up from her nap.

One last thought: 49 days?! How did THAT happen?!

5 comments:

Jewel said...

I love the part about you wanting to wear it on your hot date, so you have to take it off now, before it gets messy. Isn't it funny how, even if you try, nothing you wear stays clean when you have a baby?

kelly said...

I know it! Normally the shoulders from big messy hugs. But I'll take it. I'd rather have messy hugs, a messy shirt, and a need for a lot of Shout than no hugs. :)

Bre said...

That's me! I'm the friend! :) I sent it off yesterday, I'm not sure when it's supposed to arrive, I wouldn't imagine more than just a few days. I can't wait to see it on her! Send a pic so I can see it!

Heather said...

I totally prefer my cookies flat. In fact, I am annoyed when my cookies are not. Intellesting. Vewwy intellesting.

And that sweater is fab.

Heather said...

You look fab Lady! Happy 33 weeks! Glad you are well and I hope you enjoy your hot date. Me, I have a hot date with the 3 loves of my life right now and with my mattress. Sleep is soooo tantalizing nowadays. :)