Tuesday

It's time.

Half my readers might think I'm nuts and the rest of you will likely not have anything to compare this experience to so you'll just shrug and say if it's good for me, it's good all around...

But...

It is so time to have this baby.

I don't mean "OH I am SO sick of being pregnant, I could just DIE!!"

Because I am more miserable this time around at 7.5 months than I was with Gwenna but that's totally to be expected and even though it's been tougher, I've still had an awesome pregnancy.

No, that's not what I mean at all.

What I mean is that I have reached a point in my life where it feels like another baby will be just fine.

Here is why:

Gwenna and I are totally in a routine.

Ted gets her up and gives her a morning change and a bottle (mornings he doesn't go to the gym at least). She sleeps until 7.30 on a regular basis. Most days I've already gotten up to pee (twice) and am back in bed wishing I didn't have to pee so much so that I could be sleeping.

We play, have breakfast, sometimes run a few errands... and by 10 she's back down for a nap. While she's sleeping I either nap (very rarely, but it happens), do dishes, clean the floors, or fold laundry. Those are the jobs I can't do with her around because she loves to climb into the dishwasher, pretend that wet floors are her own personal slip n' slide, and "help" fold the laundry. If I have no chores, I bake.

At noon she wakes and we have lunch. Sometimes here at home, sometimes we visit Ted at school. Then we run errands if we have any or we come home. Sometimes we visit friends or friends visit us. We play and do the things we need to do until 4 when she goes down for another nap. I start dinner while she's sleeping and sometimes read. I also blog (duh) and play on the computer for a little while.

... This is pretty much every day barring no big events. And if I have already done my chores for the week on MONDAY then Tuesday (ahem, today) is boring and I have to do all the stuff that is on the list of things that need to get done but never do. ... Like fill out paperwork for claims on our fabric protection for our couch, de-clutter the bathroom, and get the ceiling hole fixed.

But I'm running out of those things.

It's just time. Gwenna is amazing. If she weren't who she is, it wouldn't be time.

And I'm SO GLAD she is who she is because she is amazing kid. Really, truly spectacular.

That's not to say I'm not slightly terrified to add another child to this finely honed routine (and I know this routine of ours is about to be flipped upside down and get the crap kicked out of it) but with any other kid, I'd be severely frightened and don't know what I'd do.

I'll admit that this pregnancy wasn't 100% planned and in the beginning I was a little bit afraid. But it is SO the right time for 100 reasons. One of my top reasons is that I am NOT having any kids while Ted is in nursing school and I didn't want my first two kids to be 4 years apart. The Lord knew just how this should all work out and it couldn't be better.

I'm excited.
And I'm ready.

Well, I'm as ready as you can be.

3 comments:

Amy Sprinkle said...

Hooray! I am glad you are feeling mentally ready, not that you weren't panicky or anything before, but I'm sure that added peace of mind helps tremendously.

I had my preadmission hospital appointment today and after seeing the nice facilities it helps me to feel mentally ready as well.

Amy Sprinkle said...

Don't think I phrased the first part of my comment correctly, what I mean is you are not panicky and you are happy with what life gives you. Maybe that makes more sense. If it doesn't blame it on the ramblings of a pregnant lady.

carrielyshous said...

Great post! Thanks for your thoughts on being ready for the big changes that are coming. I needed it today :D