Monday

30 Weeks, A recipe, And a 16 year old Baby

When was the last time you wondered what a 30-week pregnant lady looks like from behind? Was it today? OH GOOD! It's your lucky day!


Ok, so just shy of 30 weeks. About 29.7, the most random percentage I could come up with. Ted made me take a picture from behind so I thought I might as well share it with you.

From the front it's a little different story.


That's (almost) 30 weeks of baby growth. But, the good news... it's actually 31 weeks of baby growth!

We had an awesome doctor's appointment today, despite the acid injection (explanation to follow). When my doctor was measuring my belly he said, "Ok, you're measuring in at about 29, no, about 30... Actually, 31 weeks." How awesome is that? That means Olivia is coming along at a steadier pace than Gwenna, for sure. Gwenna consistently measured in at least 1 of not 2 weeks smaller than she should. Maybe a Thanksgiving baby after all? - Amy, I'm catching up with you! Well, not really, but I'm closer!

Also, some other great news is that I have only gained 6 pounds. After my last appointment I started to freak out a little because I was thinking I had gained significantly more. But the doc said that if I continue in this way that weight will not be a concern at all. I was so happy about that. What pregnant woman wouldn't be?

My lab work from last week came back looking great. No gestational diabetes, white blood count high, just like it should be for a pregnant lady, no anemia, all is well!

But, I did have to get the Rhogam shot today. Remember how much I complained about that with Gwenna because it feels like acid being shot into your skin? Yeah, it still does. Darn my O negative blood type! It really didn't hurt as much as it did when I got it with Gwenna, multiple times. Another good thing. Plus, Ted took me to my favorite bakery afterward for a treat because it was such a great appointment. He's a good man.

Now I have a recipe to share with you.

Perhaps you're pregnant. Or maybe you're not but recently had a baby. Or maybe you're getting married. Many of my readers fall into one of these categories so I wanted to share a recipe that I, as a weight conscious pregnant lady, appreciated.

Let me forewarn you, this is not a recipe for ice cream. But if you love ice cream as much as I do and you're trying to be good about what you eat, this is a nice substitute.

If you like bananas.

Take 3 bananas.
Freeze them.
Take them out of the freezer.
Peel and slice them.
Add them to your food processor with 1/2 a cup whole milk (really, it's only 1/2 a cup and this is for 2-4 people).
Blend it all up.

It's surprisingly tasty. Like I said, it's NOT ice cream, but it's a nice substitute. I also added a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips, which was a good move. Some Ovaltine might be nice too. We may be strange, but we always have Ovaltine in the house.

Consider this as a nice, healthy alternative to ice cream if you're trying to be good.

And last, but never least, a Gwenna fix.


This girl has attitude. I see it in this picture, I don't know if you do. But she looks about 16 to me here... probably because she doesn't look like a 1-year old and therefore in my mind she jumped straight to 16. ... A 16 year old with a sippy.

So, go freeze some bananas and let me know if you try it. I hope you like it. ... You have to really like bananas, though, so keep that in mind.

4 comments:

Jewel said...

I'm excited to try the banana cream stuff.... Sorry about the acid shot. That's no fun. But good for you on only gaining 6 pounds--you look fabulous!

Heather said...

Bless you, dear woman, for the ice cream substitute. I am, as you are well aware, getting married and fall in the weight-conscious category. I never have whole milk, though (ick), but maybe I could buy some just for this concoction. Skim milk wouldn't cut it, would it?

Amy Sprinkle said...

At my last Dr.'s appt. I was 32 weeks measuring 30. I'll let you know after my appt. on Thursday what I am, I'm guessing 32. I've also been pretty consistently 1-2 weeks "behind". How big again was Gwenna when she was born? Just a reference point.

Amy Sprinkle said...

By the way, you look good. That shot from behind has to make you feel good too. It is good to be pregnant and look "normal" from at least one angle.