Friday

broken or unbroken record

Maybe I do this all the time or maybe I never do this, I can't remember, but I have to take a few minutes to do it anyway.

Today I was watching Gwenna dance to the song during the closing credits of Gilmore Girls - I challenge you not to do a little bobble head thing when you hear it - and I was shocked.

Not only is she an excellent dancer, but she's tall, and slender, and she has beautiful red hair. She has grown over a foot since she was born, more than tripled her birth weight, and her list of non-height-weight accomplishments is a mile long. This little girl loves to cuddle stuffed animals, soft blankets, socks, tables, telephones, and most any other inanimate object. Gwenna thinks she knows how to swim, run fast, and jump but she's not that good at any of those things. However she is great at giving spontaneous kisses, stacking stacking-toys and not stacking-toys, taking naps, climbing, holding 10 things in her hands at once, throwing away her own diapers, high fives, reading books, and melting hearts.

So what? So she's probably just a regular baby girl who isn't actually a baby because she's almost 13 months old.

BUT! The best part about this is that she's MY baby girl who isn't actually a baby because she's almost 13 months old. I'm so incredibly lucky to be able to spend my days with her, teaching her new things and learning new things from her. Even when she's getting two canine teeth at the same time. Even when she has three nasty poppy diapers in one afternoon. Even when she rubs peanut butter all over her face. Even when she takes all the shoes out of the shoe basket that has waaaaaay too many shoes in it, plays with her tiger in the toilet, and climbs into the dishwasher while I'm loading it with dirty, drippy dishes.

She is the best part of almost every day of my life and I don't know what I did before her... and I have no idea what I'm going to do when I have another one who might not be just like her. Oh how I wish she would be! ... At least now.

3 comments:

Sam and Jamie Taylor said...

I hear ya. Where does the time go? And, "Am I old enough to have a 4 year old?" (Or, 13 month old in your case.) And, "Wow... that is really my beautiful kid right there." There really are no words to describe that love or feeling. It's just perfect.

Heather said...

I want one!

Heather said...

Such a cute picture! Gwenna is one beautiful girl and will only blossom more as she ages.