Tuesday

what's red and white with spots all over? *not for the faint hearted*

No, this isn't the start of a really lame joke from third grade.

The answer is: Gwenna!

My daughter, like her aunt, is allergic to amoxicillin. Her body has chosen to alert us to this with bright pink and white centered bumps.

They started Monday morning with three around her belly button and just multiplied like rabbits. They don't hurt, itch, or burn. She's pretty indifferent to them. In fact, I think they pain us more than her. It's really painful to see your baby all splotchy!

Below are some pictures of the poor afflicted baby. If you can't deal with yucky looking skin conditions, I'd advise you pass.


Not so bad if you can't see her torso. That's where the main issue is.


Gwenna's back is MUCH better than her front, but it's still a sad case. I'm so very glad these don't hurt her.


My poor darling! Seriously, doesn't it hurt YOU to see such a sweet little girl this way? I can't believe how good she's been through this.

Most of our Monday consisted of, "Is it worse? Do you see any on her eyes? Is she swelling? Darn, Urgent Care is closed. Should we call the pediatric triage nurse AGAIN? Benadryl? Didn't know babies could have that! ... Third time to the doctor's office this month??"

Seriously, we there two Mondays ago, last Monday, and would have been there yesterday had it not been for them being closed. Being a parent is an ADVENTURE!

Really, we have a happy post coming up. Enough of this sick talk that's been looming over the blog lately!! Sunday we went to the Grand Canyon and it lived up to its name, as usual. Look forward to pictures of that happy day.

4 comments:

The Browns said...

That is the saddest thing ever. I'm so sorry!! Poor little girl!

Nicole said...

Poor little one... I can sympathize, but mine getitchy and I get a fever. No cillins for Gwenna!

Suzanne and Davey Maughan said...

oh my heck, gwenna! i would have freaked out so much to see hayley like that. poor girl. what a blessing that they don't bother her cause if they were on my skin, just looking at them would bother me! hope she is getting better now

'Garrett's mom' said...

Oh that broke my heart to see that last picture! Poor Gwenna! I'm so glad they don't hurt her!!