Thursday

what's cookin?

I'm in love with my kitchen right now.

... And that's really saying something because I've hated the kitchen since before we moved in....

Sure, the sink is piled with dishes, the dishwasher needs to be unloaded before more can go in, I recently cleaned out my junk drawer so there are random screwdrivers and crafty items on the counters... but it's more than that.

Did I ever mention I got a new range a while back? I did. I shiny Kenmore which matches the refrigerator with exactness. I love it SO much. It has 5 burners and a warming zone so all my food for each diner is served warm. I'm so bad at timing that this is a great improvement.

And the oven light! Oh, the over light! So bright. I rarely open the oven to check on things so they're cooking faster.


Here she is in all her glory. A new oven demanded new bakeware and my Wilton cookie sheets are TO DIE FOR. Do you have Wilton bakeware? I love it. I don't grease pans anymore. I did use parchment for one batch of cookies last night but the cookies came off the bare, ungreased sheets easier than the parchment paper. Isn't that amazing? I HIGHLY recommend Wilton. You will not regret this meager investment. Ever. Even enchiladas (or as Ted calls them, "quesadilla casserole") comes out with no sticking from my 9x9.

Ooooh baking talk.
Gives me goosebumps!



Did I mention I made cookies last night? Well I did. Ted and I dove into a new recipe - Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Toffee Chunks. *drooooooooooool*

The recipe came with the pans and I've been wanting to try it for a while. We finally did and they are yuuuuuu-mmy!


Also in my kitchen, flowers from Valentines Day. I love them and, consequently, my husband. Notice the flour still on the counter. Like I said, not a clean kitchen. How can I love something so unkept? It's rare. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.


In case you're jelous of my 4 dozen (did I say 4, probably 3 now) cookie feast, here is the recipe (above). If you enlarge the picture I'm sure you can make it out. If you can't, let me know. I'll transcribe it for you. Yeah, they're that good.

6 comments:

Geneva said...

yes wilton is pretty fantastic. I love all the pans I have from them. I could write a song about the muffin pan. My favorite cookie sheet though is the nordicware ones. Have you tried them? Your cookies truly do look amazing. Almost enough for me to go make some.

The Youngs said...

yeah those cookies look way good! And I was already craving cookies! thx a lot Kelly just tease me!!!! j'k ill probably make them soon cuz ur a great cook!!!- I remember!

Heather said...

I'm resisting the urge to enlarge that cookie recipe, as those look delectable. Unfortunately I've put on a bit of weight the past few months and am trying to take it off. Perhaps when I've developed more discipline and self-control...

And love the flowers!

The Browns said...

Those cookies were so good! I let Ben have a few. =] Thanks Kelly!

camilla said...

I am beginning to think I am the ONLY one who didn't get flowers for V-day and my hubby sucks! lol.
I think those cookies would make me feel MUCH better, and cure my nausea. lol. But only made by a neighbor, with love...hmmmm

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Those cookies look sooo Yummy! I need to try that recipe!