Saturday

Just about the saddest thing I've ever seen.

What is the saddest thing I've ever seen? Probably this posting on Craigslist:

Buddy is a really fun, energetic and loving dog. We love him so much but need to spread the love at this point in our lives. We have a new baby and don't have enough time for our hound dog any longer. We have no yard and can't keep walking him 3 or 4 times a day.

He is great with children and all family members. He is housebroken and loves to go on long hikes in the woods.

Please call (a number that shouldn't be on a blog) and ask for Ted for more info.




Seriously, if you have read my blog much, you know Buddy and I have a love/hate relationship, but it's WAY more love.

Tonight, some people came over to see Buddy. A nice man, his girlfriend, and their little boy who is 4 months old. Buddy LOVED them, especially the little boy. He did all his tricks, I told the story of how we got him, and then I revealed all his antics. All of them: from peeling bananas to why the trash can is in the bathroom and even how many crock pots he's broken (2!). ... I'm not sure they'll take him but they have a big yard and the were really nice. ... And I'm so bummed and a liiiiiiittle bit happy.

I'm also sad because yesterday (or the day before) I had a baby and she was tiny and cute and now I have this big girl that babbles all day and prefers standing to sitting and is perfectly happy to just roll around on the carpet gagging herself with her fingers as she sucks on them.

Where did my little girl go?! If found, please call the number not listed above.

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh how sad!!! Good for you guys for realizing he needs more attention than you are able to provide right now. I am nervous we will have to get rid of our cat when the baby comes. Let me know how it works out.

heidi said...

bummer, sorry the dog has to go, ours did too before we had carlee. we hope to get another in the future.

B said...

oh, that's sad, but bittersweet. We actually just adopted a dog, tomorrow! Bad timing. I hope you find a good home for him. Good luck.

Heather said...

Oh! That is sad. I know this is very hard for you guys and surely not a decision you made lightly. I hope he finds a happy home, where he can play to his heart's content. Maybe he can join Charlie at Pioneer Women's ranch...if only.

jhcardita said...

Oh buddy, he better get some a new family that loves him just as much. Good luck on finding him a new home.

Kelly said...

heather, your comment comforted me. you're right, this isn't something that was easy to decide on. but, it's good. and we may have found the perfect place. more to come on that...

Sam and Jamie Taylor said...

Oh, sweetie. That must've been a hard decision. For how many posts you used to do about Buddy, I could tell he was a big part of your family. When we were living in UT, we had to send our dog away as well. While I didn't ever really like having a dog in the first place, it was very hard for my husband. So, I (through him) feel your pain. :) Ours was about 2 years old... cute little puppy... and went to a cute little family with two kids. It was perfect. I hope you found the perfect home for Buddy as well!

Candace said...

Oh, that must have been such a difficult decision for you guys! I can definitely feel the "Buddy love" whenever I get on your blog. BUT I truly think this was a very loving gesture towards Buddy: You love him so much that you want to make sure he can get the attention he needs and deserves, you just aren't the ones who can give it right now. I hope you'll find the loving home you hope for.

camilla said...

So, after i saw your facebook status i ran to your blog (with my fingers) and my suspicion was true. When we decided to get rid of our dogs to find a cheaper place to live, i cried for lik4 4 hours, laying facedown on my living room floor. (i'm totally not exaggerating, ask john. It was like ugly cries) Luckily enough, we didn't end up having to do it, so what a waste of swollen lips and puffy eyes. But I know how u feel. If, after you get rid of him, you feel the need for some doggy contact, you can always come over, or even borrow ours. :) Buddy will be very grateful to have a yard though...

Amy Sprinkle said...

That makes me sad too! I may not see Buddy! Give him a nice big hug from his sister!

Erin said...

Sad!! But I totally understand. Oakley and I used to be such good friends, and now he's JACE'S dog... not mine. Dogs take the back seat to babies any day. I hope you find a good fam for him!

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

oh kelly! i'm sure that was a hard thing to do...it was in fact slightly hard for me to read about. but i can imagine (not having a dog myself, you see) that it is for the best. good luck buddy wherever you go! i'm sure he will be happy there. yeah for no more broken crock pots.

Kelly said...

mary anne, your comments always make me glad. ... not that i'm glad you were sad about buddy for me, but the sympathy always is nice, knowing that someone can sympathize? is there a good was to say this?? Ü