Friday

FF, Take 3: I'm Dreaming ...


Ted MADE me watch "White Christmas" earlier this week... and when I say "made" I mean he turned it on and I became instantly hooked, as I do every time that movie is on.

Halloween is over. I apologize to those of you who despise Christmas before Thanksgiving. I'm not forgetting the blessed autumnal holiday during which we give thanks and gorge ourselves. ... My mind is just thinking about Christmas, as it always does, once Halloween is over. I bounce back and forth between Christmas and Thanksgiving until Thanksgiving is over and then it's bad news for my noggin' : All Christmas, All the Time, like a terrible radio station that you just can't turn off.

This Christmas I'm thinking greenery, flocking, and light - always more light! Gold shimmery ribbon, twinkle lights all the time, and the warm glow of candles. I can't quite get Christmas off my mind; Thanksgiving is outraged. Ted even had a dream about Christmas last night. The disease is spreading.

I'd like to thank Jackson & Perkins for the inspirational Christmas images above... fantasy Friday is letting me indulge my romantic side because Christmas, I think, is a terribly romantic holiday.

On a completely related note, it's getting cold up here in the north country, into the teens at night. We're bundling up the little one and I've taken out all the sweaters, Ted hung them in the closet. I wore socks that looked like muppets yesterday. I hope you have some late autumnal cooling where you live and will soon indulge in the glory of winter. It's just around the corner, you know.

... And so is Thanksgiving. I'm going to try not to forget that.

7 comments:

Heather said...

It is finally cooling off here. I have turned the AC off and my home maintains somewhere in the 70s. I get to open the blinds in the day and it doesn't roast my home. This is my favorite time. I am wearing socks!

Erin said...

I'm always afraid to do Christmas too early because of what other people will think. After reading your post I thought to myself, WHO CARES! So I'm going to start. And I'm excited about it. I love Christmas time and after Halloween it felt like Christmas was the next holiday on my list... even though I DO love Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Kelly I blame John for the Christmas carols every year after you guys would get home from trick or treating. Every year Johnny Mathis would blare from the cd player as you all counted you candy and drank hot chocolate. Funny

Kelly said...

when i'm picturing christmas this year the one thing i can't shake is johnny mathis. christmas and johnny are synonymous.

Amy Sprinkle said...

I see to recall as your roommate that you were playing Christmas music right after Halloween, at least I think it was you. If it was not I'll blame my bad memory on the fact that it is Friday.

Kelly said...

IT WAS MEEEEEE!

Candace said...

I just introduced Hannah to "White Christmas" and she LOVES it! She's a girl after my own heart....loves the singing and dancing! Especially the "pretty ballerina's" at the end! :) Oh, girls are so fun! :)