Thursday

Has the epidural worn off yet?

No, really, has the epidural worn off yet? Because I'm still on cloud 9.

... But I think I know why.


Can you even believe how cute my daughter is? (Do you have any idea how fun it is to say, "MY daughter" ?? I hope you do.) I am so in love with her.

So what have the Crowders been doing since Gwenna joined our family 1 weeks ago today? We've been sighing because of, gazing at, and loving on Gwenna. But we've also been peed on (okay, only Ted, but twice... ha!), awoken by squeaky cries, and turned into a dariy farm (that one is mine, not Ted's). So there are highs and lows but even the lowest lows are SO much more fun than it was before she was here, for the most part.

Every day I wake up amazed that this is my life.

How did I get here? I used to ask myelf that when it was just me and Ted and I just knew I was so blessed to be married to this amazing man. Double that feeling of awe. Triple it. Then cube it (that's right - it times it times it!) ... and that's how I feel every day.

You'll have to excuse me now. I have to go stare at my sleeping daughter and think, for the one hundreth time today, how blessed I am, and thank the Lord for my wonderful family.


... Oh Ted. Please don't go back to work next week!

13 comments:

Candace said...

Sounds like you've had a pretty good week, for having a new baby! I'm so glad things are going well for you. My first week with my daughter was not pleasant at all, and I'm a little sad about that. SO I'm glad you don't have to feel that way! She is so adorable, really!!

Adams Family said...

she IS beautiful. Congrats.

Adam and Dani said...

She is gorgeous.

Heather said...

She is absolutely beautiful. And I love LOVE LOOOOVE how blissful you are. I so look forward to doing the same. I hope everything continues to be wonderful!!

Erin said...

Yay Kelly! She IS so cute. I love staring at sleeping babies too. It's so much more fun than I ever thought it could be.

Heather said...

She is just gorgeous with her big eyes and sweet little self. I am happy that you are happy.

Caitlin said...

She is so beautiful, and what a pretty name! Congratulations!

Suzanne and Davey Maughan said...

she is gorgeous, kelly! i absolutely love her eyes in that picture. little girls are the best! im glad youre having a good time with her. they get big SO fast!

Pammy said...

Oh my Fricken Heck that girl is a knock out!!! ;D I can't wait to see her in person! Glad you are doing well!

Geneva said...

She truly is beautiful! Not to many newborns look that good.

Christi said...

She is so beautiful!! It is amazing, isn't it? I'm so happy for you guys!

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

oh happy happiness...can I please join that club??? soon enough I suppose...

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

p.s. she is absolutely beautiful...