Wednesday

Today's First and Second.

Today is not a very good day. The best way to change that is to ignore it and look at it another way.

The first thing that made me happy today:


My wonderful husband. And he's super cute, too.

Then a few things made me unhappy. We'll ignore those.

Then, a little while later, the second thing that made me happy was this:


Not just the paper towels themselves, but the fact that there was one more roll under the sink juuuust when I needed them. I had no intention of going up to the attic. It's hard to pull the door down. And it's hot, even at 7:00 in the morning. That's the nature of an attic.

But I think Ted will have to replenish our stock below the sink before paper towels don't make me happy anymore.

Paper towels and my husband BOTH made me happy this morning.

Other things that make me happy...
Not working anymore
My immaculately clean carpets, compliments of Thermax and Ted
The yummy yogurt drink I invented and devoured today
Clean towels
Cool weather, even in the dead of summer
Not having to travel anywhere else until, well, maybe Thanksgiving!
Chocolate anything
Sleeping in late

That helped a little. Hope your day is going well and if not, think of a few things that make you happy or have made you happy today. It'll help.

5 comments:

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

i HATE it when there are no paper towels under the sink.

but i LOVE it when it smells like rain outside. Today it smelt like rain outside. It was a pretty good day.

Lela Wilkins said...

Kelly, I love how optimistic you always are. Are you getting excited for the baby?

Kelly Merrell said...

Girl, your baby nursery is awful cute! I love it! I bet you are ready to be done with the whole pregnancy thing. Well, I think we'll be next, so keep me optimistic about how fab it all is!

heidi said...

not having to work anymore made me happy too

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

I'm glad to see that someone caught the humor in pairing the 4th of July with National Sugar Cookie Day...sometimes I write stuff and think people will think I'm out of my mind. But I thought that was more interesting to read than say the 4th of July and Memorial Day. Ya know? However I honesty think that there is a National Holiday for sugar cookies. And why shouldn't there be?

I'm looking forward to your next post.

Okay and I am so looking forward to meeting Gwenna!