Thursday

I Grow People... I Think.

I really like to claim that growing people is my super power. But, I'm growing 1 person (unless you count my growth... because heaven know I've grown!) and she's not even here yet. So, don't tell anyone, but my super power isn't as super as I thought it was ... yet.

I've had a few requests for an update. This is my fault as I mentioned I'd be going to the doctor on Tuesday.

I was dialated ... to 1 ... on Tuesday. But I have a great doctor and we talked shop a while. My due date is Monday. We have an appointment on Monday I'm hoping not to make. If I do make it, we'll do an ultrasound and if Ted and I want, my doctor will induce as early as Tuesday (I'll be OVER due then, you know) and Dr. doesn't want me to go more than a week longer than my due date. Considering I personally entered this world, oh, 17 days late, this is monumental. So, we'll see.

It's a waiting game, and I'm pretty sure I'm the most patient participant. Not scared (strangely?) just content. Waiting. It's part of life.

Everyone is antsy. Every day Ted brings something fun home from work for Gwenna. Beautiful hand made blankets, sparkley baby bling and other baby accoutrement, gift cards... I might go the full week over if this rock star treatment keeps up. I can't even total up how many things have been given to us that we otherwise would have had to buy. It's an amazing thing and I'm so grateful to our beautiful friends and family who have been so generous!

Meanwhile, I'm not doing anything. At all. I'm sleeping, eating, watching movies, stalking your blog, showering (I know, the normal daily tasks are eventful to me), and doing a minute amount of housework just to keep things status quo. Jessica scrubbed my kitchen and reisty bathroom so this isn't a hard task.

And what am I doing with all the energy I must be storing up? Um, I'm storing it up and I'm going to apply it to my supposed super power and prove how amazing a power it is. Soon.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Some people don't like the thought of being induced... and I didn't either, until it happened. But I loved it! It was just really fun the night before getting to say, "My baby will be here tomorrow!" That said, I sure hope you don't have to wait all the way until Tuesday! Sure, it's only 6 days away, but when you're that pregnant, 6 days feels like months. GOOD LUCK!!! I am super excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures!

Ted said...

Kelly, my dear. I Love you. I know your super power will come through shining brightly. I will be there to see it. Oh, and since you asked for it, Good Luck!!

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

kelly you are so amazing. I love love your outlook on life. It is just so pleasant and happy. What lucky people Ted, Gwenna and Buddy are...well I guess technically Buddy is not "people" but basically right? anyway, I'm so so excited for you, whenever it happens! I'm secretly hoping for an inducing story, because there is a small (but actually pretty big) part of me that wants to get induced if possible. I really don't want to go overtime! Not just for the typical reasons of hot and uncomfortable, but because I don't want to push out a 10 pound baby (trust me, it's a possibility) a week after I've started my last semester of school. Anyway, that's my story, but that's why I can't wait to hear about and see about your adventure that lies so closely around the corner!

GOOD LUCK!!!