Wednesday

How to prepare for a birthday.

Today has been spent trying to prepare for Gwenna's birthday.

First I decided it would be nice to have a haircut. Actually, I for the hair cut last week and while the above picture doesn't show much of it, it does show my being real big and 40 weeks pregnant. And it does show the bangs, which I've missed.

Haircut: check.

Also, I thought it would be good to straighten up the house a bit. Don't want a messy house on my little girls's birthday, even if she won't be here for the actul day of birth. Ted has been an amazing help in this endeavor.

Clean house: check.

Since we're being induced, I've planned snacks and activities because you never know how long it will take.

Pudding, chicken salad, fruit, excessive amounts of Propel fitness water: check.

Movies, just in case (wonder what I chose to ring in her birth, don't you?): check.


Further, no self-respecting mama could get away with no cake for her little one's birthday. ... Ok, so maybe that's not true of the FIRST birthday (not when she turns one, but the literal birth DAY) but I thought it would be great for the rest of us to be able to celebrate... even if I'm more into sleeping and don't even want to THINK about a double decker funfetti cake with pink frosting in between the layers and a precious monogrammed top ....

Still think I'm crazy? Consider this: My doctor has a SERIOUS sweet tooth (so I hear), really, probably more than you'd ever expect of a doctor. So my deal for him - the faster the baby arrives, the faster we get to eat cake! Think it will help motivate him? Think it will help motivate Gwenna? She's probably the one who needs the motivation.

Sweet bribery in the form of cake: check.

So, who could be more prepared? Now I just have to make it through the night. I didn't really sleep last night. Gwenna and I have opposing sleep patterns as of late and she decided 11-4 were great hours for her very thorough aerobics routine, while I decided to realx in a la-z-boy recliner. Apparently she'll be fit and hopefully very, very, very tired!

10 comments:

Bethany M said...

I could not be more excited for you right now! You and Ted will be GREAT parents! Enjoy the next weeks.Good luck tomorrow.

Suzanne and Davey Maughan said...

one thing to help prepare you that I did NOT know before birthing my child. once you get hooked up to the pitocin(or however they're going to induce you), they dont let you eat a single thing until a few hrs after your baby has made her appearance on this earth! it's crazy! maybe you already knew all of this [im sure most people besides me have] but I handt eaten breakfast the morning of so I was starving by the time we got to the hospital. Also, bring socks, your feet will probably get cold. I cant think of anything else that we forgot to take with us but we weren't expecting to have our little girl the day we went in either. But seriously, good luck! It will be over before you know it and little Gwenna will be in your arms.
That will make these last 9 months (+ a few days) worth it. :)

Candace said...

WHOO!! You are READY, cake and all!! Best wishes for a EASY delivery and a healthy baby tommorrow!!

Christi said...

Yeah, like the above post, make sure you eat lots before you go into labor. I was in labor for 13 hours (luckily for me it was 8 at night when it started) and all I got to eat was some ice chips. You will probably want to eat that whole cake all by yourself by the time you have her, ha ha. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics of the little one!

Erin said...

You are so cute!! I think the cake is just the cutest idea and I really wish I would've thought of that! You seem totally prepared. I SO hope you sleep tonight! I was just too excited and anxious the night before my induction and only slept about 3 hours. It sure doesn't help when you're trying to push!

Because the hot topic in your comments is about eating... just pray for a short delivery so you don't starve. Oh, and FYI, (nobody told me this!) Epidurals can make you very sick to your stomach (are you getting an epidural?). I scarfed down my dinner about 30 minutes after she was born... and then spent all night puking it up. I was so mad nobody told me that could happen!

Ok, GOOD LUCK!! Have fun. I'm so so excited for you.

Amy said...

No, none of this sounds crazy. It sounds like Kelly.

Heather said...

You are too darling for words. What a wonderful way to ring in her day, cute cake, cute doctor bribe and cute Kelly. Good luck!

Caitlin said...

Hi Kelly! Congratulations! I just happened onto your blog, from a link on Kacie's website. Congratulations on your baby, I didn't even know until just now! I am so happy for you guys. Good luck with the birth!

Erin said...

I'm dying to know how everything went!! Hope all is good and that you are loving being a mom.

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

oh how far behind I am! I went to visit my sister last week in AZ, and oddly enough she is unable to access MY blog...she can see plenty of other people's, but apparently her computer has worked up some sort of protective wall against mine. ANYWAY, in the mean time while I was out...you had a BABY! Oh I can't wait to see her. Hurry and post pictures and stories and ADIVCE...lots and lots of advice. I am truly the youngest child in that I rely on the experience and wisdom of my forebearers to get me through life :)

Yeah! You're a mom!