Sunday

Enquiring minds, rest easy. Someone has to, afterall.


Above is just a little snip it from my life as the luckiest woman alive, married to the perfect man.

Oh, did you think YOU were the luckiest woman alive? Sorry to burst your bubble but that title actually belongs to me.

Ted made a lovely dinner last night and then served it by candlelight - the candlelight of the candle that Buddy (that thumbless rascal!) got me for Mothers' Day. Then we rented a chick flick and watched it while eating raspberry zingers. See? It's so cool to be me. Just a little last hurrah, I guess, before the baby is born.

Oh, about that. I'm still pregnant. And by OUR calculations (i.e. the ones any sane person would trust), we're overdue by a week or so already but by the doctor's measurements and technical stuff (and all that jazz), we're a day shy of our due date. At any rate, I totally did not want to go to church today.

You know how about a million women in Relief Society are always all up in your business and it's irritating because it's not like you have control over when you have your baby (naturally at least) and the question, 'You haven't had that bay yet??" gets really, really old?? (Breeeeeeeeathe!)

Well, that's why I wasn't interested in going to church today. But I'm not like that. I'm commited. (Or should BE committed...) So I went. And every time some well intentioned woman put forth such a question I said, "Actually, I did, but I'm having a really hard time getting this baby weight off!" More than a few jaws dropped and I made it through my Sunday without getting frustrated. It was lovely.

Let me throw out the disclaimer that I really do love the women in my ward. A lot. They're really spectacular women. I just get kind of tired of being asked that question when I would really have liked to have had a baby before now.

And yet, in all this eagerness, I still feel calm and slightly patient. Don't believe me? Well, it's true. If not patient then at least content. My baby is healthy. She's happy (don't say I don't know that, how would you know she isn't?). Life is good because we're all happy and healthy and really, she's not even DUE until tomorrow so she has at least one more day ...

until I can officially evict her with no remorse.

5 comments:

Christi said...

I'm so glad you are being so patient, I so was not!! But I had to deal with that question "You haven't had that baby yet?" everyday for 3 weeks!!!! It's so annoying, I would say "Well obviously not since I am HERE!!" I loved what you said, that's the best... She'll come when she's ready. I am so excited for you!!! I wish i was in your boat!! (And not still have 4 months left!)

Candace said...

People all of a sudden get REAL open and in your face when you're pregnant and/or have a baby. Although it IS nice to have an instant "bond" with those people...it can get tiring!!

Hang in there, woman!! You are SOOOO close!

Amy said...

I might to be going to Milwaukee next week and maybe even go to Chicago, or come visit in Arizona...

Heather said...

You are a riot. Way to stick it to those lovely RS sisters. Happy wishes to you and Gwenna, even happier when she makes her debut.

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

can't people come up with anything more creative than that? "haven't you had that baby yet?" uhhh...are you kidding me? tell Captain Obvious hello for me the next time he's teaching you how to have small talk with people.

Did I always find everyone's people skills to be so horrendous (I don't even have a clue how you spell that), or did that just come with the pregnancy? either way, you're hilarious so what does it matter...