Monday

Top 5


I've been thinking. Ted's going to be a really good dad. Want to know why? Well, I can't tell you because it would take all day. So, just take my word for it.

Unless... maybe I can just list my top five reasons. Well, how about five recent thoughts that have inspired me to think this.


Ted's a good cuddler. Even Buddy thinks so! He's affectionate and never hesitates to give hugs, kisses, pats on the back... whatever is appropriate for the moment.


Ted loves everyone. Here is Ted with my grandma at my sister's wedding. (He's so stinkin' handsome!) Of course, it's easy to love me grandma, but I really mean it when I say Ted loves everyone. He finds good in people you don't normally think there have good parts. He'll be a superb example of unconditional love and serving other people.

Also, Ted is an extremely hard worker. He has been working toward his degree for a super long time and is about to graduate in December. He studies and is successful. But he's not just a hard worker at school. He works hard at everything he does. He works hard to maintain our home and make necessary updates and repairs. He works very hard at his job and thinks of things he'd like to improve and then he does it.


Ted is a good teacher and a good mentor. He likes to share the things he knows and he's excited when he learns something new. He regularly comes home excited to share some new thing he has discovered. He's going to be a great teacher to our children. He's one of the smartest people I know and I have learned so much from him.

He made me go to the dentist. You may think this is a silly reason to justify Ted's power to be a spectacular dad, but it's not. First of all, he'll take the kids to the dentist, just like he took me. That in and of itself is awesome. But he was also very on top of the fact that my dental insurance is about to lapse and I'll be without it for some time. He wanted to make sure we milked it while we still could. Luckily, I have amazing teeth (really, check out that smile...) but the fact remains that he's a good scheduler, enforcer, remember-er, and insurance utilizer. All important dad traits.

I have about 100 other reasons, but those are just the ones I was thinking about today.

Oh, and sometimes he pre-cuts his food and then eats it without cutting it again. You have to do that for kids too, pre-cut their food into little manageable bites.

See? Amazing. I'm so glad he's mine.

3 comments:

Heather said...

You're so cute Kelly! I love your list and you are going to be equally amazing at motherhood.

Megan said...

Love this post! Sure sounds like he'll be a great dad, isn't it exciting you soon will finally be able to see him in action of being a father. :-)

Erin said...

Those are great reasons! I have no doubt that he'll be amazing.