Tuesday

"So, what are you going to do with Buddy?"

I get that question a lot.

As though a baby and a dog cold not possibly co-exist?

But, just the same, we're taking measures to prepare Buddy for the baby.

We let him sniff everything baby.

We show him Gwenna's little clothes. ("Here's your little sister's clothes, Buddy.")

He sleeps in his bed every night. That alleviates possible dog mess in the morning and under foot dog during late feedings and changings.

Oh, and we take him on baby walks...


... with an empty stroller.

Does that seems strange?

I think he'll do juuuuust fine. And whether he does or not, you'll be some of the first people to hear about his progress, I'd imagine.

Because Buddy is one of my favorite things to blog about ! *

* Each word is a link about one of my favorite blogging topics.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I love it! I love the empty baby stoller walks, the happy Ted pushing said empty stroller with his dog child by his side. I love it all!

Megan said...

Haha, I love that you guys walked the empty stroller with Buddy! But hey, its an awesome idea, so he doesn't flip out once you guys do have Gwenna. Smart! I might steal that when I become in that same situation.

Amy said...

Buddy could just come visit us in Oklahoma gor a few weeks after Gwenna is born. I think he'd like that.

Adam and Dani said...

I love it! And I will definitely be looking for this dynamic duo!

Wesley Sprinkle said...

I think it's a little strange, but I don't have a dog or a stroller, or a baby. I put up a post for Ted tonight.

Erin said...

Kelly, I know I had your address but I'm really good at losing stuff. If you give it to me again, I'll send you some headbands! (Like the ones you asked about on my blog). I do make them. What you do is get baby tights (6-9 month size), cut off the ends, sew ends together, scrunch one spot on the headband and sew together (at the spot where you sewed the ends together), then add a snap!

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

that's awesome that you take Buddy on walks with the stroller. you seriously CRACK ME UP. He will do so good with baby Gwenna, I just know it. and you look so great in those pictures...I hate to "request" baby belly shots, but I sure love when there are new ones! You're just adorable.