Friday

My View from Friday

What's worse? - Puking at work or peeing your pants at work?

Luckily I don't have to debate this anymore as I'm not going to be working anymore... at my job... that I get paid for.

I seriously had to pee so bad today but I refused to go when I had to becuase I had just gone 15 minutes earlier. But I was also really hungry, like, so hungry I felt like I was going to throw up. My game plan was go to the bathroom (again) and then grab a nectarine.

These things don't seem to happen to me when I'm at home. And I look forward to being home, being that today is my last day or work... at my job... that I get paid for.

So how does it feel? Well, for starters I feel kind of cute.


And my last day of work smells good, thanks to my lovely husband Ted.


But it's hard. I really love my job. It's been a great job that I have looked forward to going to and have easily taken time away from. I've had a spectacular boss and the people I work with are great, too. Plus, I love the people I work for - and that's the students. The special education teachers I get to interact with on a daily basis have the biggest hearts and the strongest drive. Of course, that's a generalization and sometimes there are crazies, as with any group of people. The crazies are fun too, though, because they keep my life interesting and keep my on my feet.

I'm doing alright now. I still have a few more things I need to get done today before I pack it up and move it out. I have mixed emotions about my afternoon. I hope it goes really fast and really slow all at the same time.


More than anything, though, I'm just grateful that I can go. I'm glad that Ted and I are in a situation that allows me to leave my job here and be a mom all the time. I'm thankful that Ted is willing to work so hard to make this happen for us. ... I can guarantee that even with all the great people I work with, there's no one here that I will like more than my little girl. So much fun is ahead. Hard for me to remember that when I've spent a big part of my life here, in my office doing something I love. But I'm going to love Gwenna WAY more than my job. Way, way more.

I can't WAIT to meet her!!

ps - happy blogiversary to me. 1 year of blogging fun!

6 comments:

Bethany M said...

Wow! Last day of work. Crazy, huh!? It was really weird for me at first, but being a mom is the BEST!
Tell Gwenna to hurry up. I want to see pics.
By the way, you look so stinkin' cute. I don't believe you're 35 weeks. No way. You're not big enough. I know, I'm not supposed to say that because you probably feel huge at this point...but it's true. You look GREAT!

Amy said...

I remember the feeling of mixed emotions my last day at work...sad, but glad to be moving on all at the same time. I just got a new apartment instead of a new family member.

Whitney said...

WOW! I didn't realize you were still working! You're a lot tougher, (and cuter) than ME!! Enjoy the few weeks you have to take naps, read books, make bows or something. Ya. THat's what everyone's been telling me. :) I'm bored though and READY for her to come!!

Erin said...

I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with leaving you comments on your blog. HATE because you write so much stuff and I can never figure out which part is my favorite, so I don't know what part to respond to. LOVE because you are so entertaining!! I love how you can see your thought process as you write, and yet your posts are perfectly planned out.

So, when you're so hungry you want to throw up, you really think of eating a nectarine?!

Geneva said...

congrats! Enjoy all of the new adventures!

Megan said...

I just recently went through my last day of work too at NAU! I found a another job that I'll be starting in 2 weeks.

LOVE the 35-week belly shot, you're radiant! Less than a month to go, woo-hoo!