Tuesday

My 10-Eyed Husband

My husband has 10 eyes. They're all important. They all help him to see.

Here is Ted with 8 out of his 10 eyes. The only pair missing is his contact lenses, which, he wasn't wearing because he has all those glasses to help him see. Let me tell you a little bit more about each pair of eyes.
Well, first, his contacts. He's not wearing them here but they're great when he's not into wearing his glasses. Shown here are the naked eyes. He can read if he holds books close and he can sometimes see my face. ... Ok, his sight isn't that bad, but it's pretty bad. Sometimes he asks me to clean his glasses for him when he's driving and I do it really quickly. Ted said, of his former glasses, that if I wasn't popping the lens out when cleaning them, I wasn't doing it right. Sheesh!
I actually fell in love with Ted when he wore these glasses regularly, back in the day. It was while we were dating that he somehow started wearing contacts and his old glasses.

I think that was the face I fell in love with too. Ted, you're pretty lucky. Actually, these eyes are referred to at the BCs (Birth Control) ... which is for obvious reasons. Ted found these frames at a second hand store for $1 and then had his eye doctor put lenses in them. He's thrifty AND retro.
Really though, that's the face I fell in love with. Ted has the BEST smile. These are his 10 year old eyes that were run over by a truck on his mission and he found them on the side of the road a few days later.
Still the round glasses. I think they look a little like Harry Potter's glasses. I don't know WHAT Ted is doing here, but how many husbands would let their wives take pictures of them for an FHE activity, detailing their many sets of eyes? So, the way I figure it, Ted can do whatever he wants.
TA DA! The newest addition to my husband's collection of eyes. When Ted said he wanted to try some frames that were rimless (or at least rimless on the bottom) I was skeptical. But Ted has seen a lot of people wearing them and wanted to try it out. Who was I to hinder his curiosity?

So we found these frames and the looked awesome on him. I mean, my husband is obviously ...
NATURALLY HANDSOME ... but these glasses definitely don't hurt. And they're the last pair of eyes he'll get for a while, especially considering the Harry Potter glasses lasted for over 10 years, including being run over by a truck.

Honey, could you try to keep this pair from being run over? I don't think they'll hold up as well. Maybe that's something we should have considered before we purchased them....

8 comments:

Ted said...

i forgot to have you take a picture of me with my RX sunglasses on.

Lindsey said...

Hey, you are almost in the double digits of time left of your pregnancy- congrats! I was wondering if you could help me with my lack of computer skills. How in the world do you make those cute little "cards" you have on your posts, like your Valentine's card or the having a girl card? They are so cute, and I always wonder how you do it!

Erin said...

My favorite pair are the thicker dark framed glasses. And how in the world did you get him to do that many poses?

Heather said...

Fun, fun post. As most of your posts are, always capturing you and Ted's personality. Good choice on the glasses too.

Heather said...

How fun! You guys just seem like such a fun couple - I love it.

k.c. said...

Erin, secretly, it helps that my husband is a ham. And it doesn't hurt that I gave a lesson for FHE on keeping a journal and personal history and the blessings thereof ... you know.

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

this is hilarious. whenever I write about Dusty on the blog he's like "you only write about me...you need to write about you." Um, I'm pretty sure that I write about me like 90% of the time. He just doesn't like to be the center of attention. He's funny. But I LOVE that Ted let you do this!

Dusty + Mary Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.