Monday

This Can't be Normal.

I am very easily influenced these days.

Case Study #1: Last week, I think on Thursday, my co-worker was eating (as it turns out) Cheetos. I heard the crunching and smelled the cheesiness and then on Saturday bought Doritos.

Influences: Crunching, cheesy smell

Case Study #2: My mom wanted to take some cupcakes to work and being the smart lady she is, she realized mini-cupcakes would be MUCH easier to transport. "Do they make mini cupcake disposable pans?" she asked me. I thought, "Hmm.. do they? Mini cupcake disposable pans. Mini cupcakes. Brownie bites. Mmmm!!" Brownie bites are of course made in mini cupcake pans, making the thought process quite logical.

Influences: Mini cupcake pans, the idea of dessert

Case Student #3: A man was walking about my office. He was wearing squeaky shoes. They were pretty loud. At one point his squeaky shoe reminded me of the sound one might make when entering or exiting a leather or vinyl love sac. I imagined how nice it would be to lay in a love sac in a sunny room (probably Gwenna's room, that will be Jessica's room when she visits me tonight), eating brownie bites and Doritos.

Influences: Squeaky shoes.

See? Even squeaky shoes cause me to desire something.

This is getting bad. How can I concentrate on work? How can I concentrate on cleaning my house? How is anything - other than laying in a love sac and getting real fat - going to be accomplished?

Maybe it won't.

I can't wait to see how Gwenna is going to turn out. Maybe it's her... with the constant messages of chips and desserts and hippy furniture. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Heather said...

You are too funny! I was always asked if I had "pregnancy cravings" and would say "no!" but then I would salivate over anything and want it. Guess I did have cravings, just be careful how you act on said cravings. And how come you never crave lettuce and carrots, non-caloric food stuff. Not as much fun, that's why. Your thighs will NOT thank you later.

k.c. said...

heather, i crave in moderation. i normally crave apples and oranges. my fridge is always fully (and then empty) with these items. ... but the brownie bites, i crave them too. moderation, right? Ü

Whitney said...

I hear ya! When something sounds good...I can't forget about it. I can't put it out of my mind until I get it! You're hilarious. Your blog is one of my favorites to read. I wanted to send you an invitation to my baby shower-on May 3rd, but I don't have your address. You can email it to me: wiggywhit11@hotmail.com

Amy said...

Hide-ho there Crowders! I hope the allergies are doing better. One thing I craved after being sick was being around people again. Life is more fun with friends. Speaking of which, do you want to do dinner on Sunday?

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS! Plus the fact that when you can totally relate to someone...it just makes it that much more funny. Oh I just love how whenever I smell anything I all of a sudden need to find out where it's coming from and what it is so I can go get some. Okay, so I don't always actually go and get it, but I sure want to! Isn't it fun though?

Ted said...

Was the guy with the squeaky shoes, me?

k.c. said...

Ted, no, it wasn't you. It was a guy working here for a few days writing a grant.