Saturday

The Year of the Camp Chair Continues

Today, after we got back from Chi Tung (I'll get into that more later) I asked my sister to take my weekly belly shot. I told her my maternity jeans were the best thing that ever happened to me. She kept asking me why until I finally said, 'Why what?" She said, "Why am I the best thing that ever happened to you??" I said, "No, my maternity jeans!... but you do take the best belly shots ever." ... Mostly because this was a one shot job. She's good.

This was taken in my dad's kitchen in Illinois where Niki, Andrew (her husband), Ted and I are staying this week.


This is a significant improvement from the previous picture. Mostly because of my maternity pants. I don't wake up anymore dreading getting dressed. I pull on my full belly panel saving grace and face the world with a smile. The biggest improvement of the the trimester if I do say so myself. ... Lisa, are you proud, or what??

Chi Tung. Amazing. Why? Chinese food, Japanese food, Thai food. All under one roof. AND ice cream for dessert. I've been there twice, one for Chop Suey (AKA all Chinese food) with Uncle Richard and once for all varieties of the above mentioned food with Niki, Andrew, and Ted. The latter was a spectacular particularly experience. And, according to a little bird AKA a cookie this year is going to be filled with wonderful experiences and excitement.

So far, my birdy cookie paper fortune has been right. 2008, the year of the camp chair, is proving itself. Of course it's easy to say something like that when you're watching "Remember the Titans" with family and your belly is full of A.MA.ZING Chi Tung delicacies.

Last night my tender hearted love of a husband felt my baby kick his palm. I told him that wasn't possible right now as baby is afraid of pressure and belly touch. So, as we lay in bed, I just about drifted off to sleep with my husband's hand across my belly. After about 15 minutes I was shaken out of my almost-sleep to, "I FELT IT!" and a big kiss. See? Chinese/Japanese/Thai food, "Remember the Titans", family, kicking baby, and the year of the camp chair which insinuates more adventure to come.

2008 is a grand champion. More to come.

PS - The belly shots will go the way of the dinosaurs... eventually. I promise.

PPS - Andrew only reads 2 blogs, mine and his bosses. That makes me cooler than anyone I know.

9 comments:

Erin said...

I love this belly shot! You look so good. Isn't that exciting that your hubby got his first "interaction" with the baby? That's fun that he was so excited. I'm sure it will be a GREAT year for you guys!

Cody, Marianne, and Preston :o) said...

You look so cute- and so good that I am jealous!:o) Keep growing that little baby- we are so excited for you guys!

Craig & Lisa said...

I am sooooooooooo proud! You look fabulous! I can't even tell they are prego pants. Way to go. The chinese food sounds really good. I hope the weather has been nice in Chicago. It was amazing on Friday and Saturday, but today--good grief--the wind is sooooo cold.

Miss you lots! I hope that things go well tomorrow. My thought and prayers will be with you and your family.

Lisa

PS-Craig took me to a puppy sale on Saturday--oh man!!! It was the best. I found a hound puppy that I just loved--I couldn't help but think of Buddy.

heidi said...

that is so cute that your husband kept his hand over your belly for 15 minutes and then was so excited to finally feel it. my husband was no where near that patient and he certainly wasn't that excited for baby #2

Heather said...

You look great, Kelly!

Heather said...

Very cute, yes bless those maternity pants!

Kevin & Bethany said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

seriously girlfriend...you lookin' good. real good. love the belly. it's totally a good look for you. and yeah for feeling the baby move!

Megan said...

This is such a good picture of you and your belly! I like it a lot!