Monday

It's a Bumpy Road


Since I've been pregnant, I've lost 10 pounds. I've gained back anywhere between 2 and 4 of this elusive weight, but I'm beginning to think a good chunk of the original 10 lost was from my brain...

Here you go. Prego picture 1. 18 weeks today. If anyone says I'm carrying low, I'll ignore you. If anyone says "What baby bump??" - I might delete your comment. You know, so just keep that in mind.

My husband thinks I'm hot. What else matters?

By the way, that's also maternity shirt #1. (Thanks for the shopping trip, Lisa.) To cover the lack of maternity pants #1. (Really good try, Lisa.) I love my maternity shirt and I might wear it again tomorrow and Wednesday. Then it might be stinky and I'll have to buy another one.

Have you seen Lady in the Water? Don't you think the Lady looks an awful lot like my friend Amy, who is not Ron Howard's daughter?

My sister thinks my eventual baby shower should be a "Found Nemo" theme... since we've called this elusive child Nemo for lack of a better name. Kind of like "Finding Nemo" but Nemo was found. I think it's cute.

Are you having a Monday, too? I guess it's appropriate, since, you know, it's Monday. I hope it gets better ... but probably won't.

We're doing TAXES tonight.

9 comments:

The Bentleys said...

(I'm one of Ted's old friends)
Hehe... that's pretty funny about the brain thing. Believe it or not, it gets worse AFTER you have the baby. Half the time I feel like I don't even know who I am or what I'm doing, let alone remembering everything else. Enjoy the sanity now...
Nah, but really, it is great and you'll be compensated in other ways :)

Geneva said...

Hhahha. So I have a super skinny sister. We are talking 125 Lbs and 5'9". She gets so sick of people calling her thin because she is trying to gain weight. She loves John because he calls her variations of fat cow and the like. You totally made me think that. You totally look like nine months prego and I'm thinking about calling you bertha ;)

Dusty + Mary Anne said...

Taxes...sounds like a thrilling FHE...one we should probably focus on. I'm glad that you're to the point that you can take a pregnancy picture. I can't wait til that point, because then I'll know it's okay for me to feel as thick as I do. Right now, I'm at the point where my pants are just annoying to wear. Definitely still wearable, but gosh they're just tight enough that it's annoying. But I don't feel like it's justifiable (sp?) because i'm only 13 weeks. oh the day when I can say...yes your pants shouldn't fit you anymore. and no, it's not just in your head. You look cute. I have a feeling I won't be so lucky.

Heather said...

I love how you so quickly jump from one subject to another, clearly illustrating the brain reference. You are just too dang cute. =)

Heather said...

I think you look cute sporting your totally obvious baby bump. I also like your "camera grin" it is every ready and has been prevalent in every picture you post.

The Graham Crackers said...

Ok, so I can't say you're carrying your baby low, or "what baby bump?" So I'm just going to say... "I like your face":) Really though, you look so cute and definitely have the motherly glow! I really am so happy and excited for you and Ted! Being parents is the most amazing thing ever! Thanks for the compliment too by the way, I'm so glad you liked it. I couldn't have done it without my Mom, she's amazing! She used to write her own songs too and did some recording back in the day. Anyway, I really do miss being your visiting teacher! I was pretty bummed when Kyla moved away and I got "re-assigned", but you know what, I just might pop by one of these days and check up on you. And even though I'm not your VT anymore, the offer still and will always stand...Let me know if you need anything k?

Kevin & Bethany said...

Whoa! Hi Kelly!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the way cute baby bump! I found you...and I'm so glad I did. I miss you!

Erin said...

WHOO HOO for baby bumps!!

Craig & Lisa said...

Well--I do think the shirt is fabulous of course! It was a really fun shopping trip. Are you 5'2 or 6'2? That should be the question of the day. Or maybe--you don't seem as tall as you look. . . I will let you finish that one. I hope that things are going ok for you! --Lisa