Thursday

Not Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Last night it came from almost no where... right when I had to leave work to pick up Ted and go home. And it snowed and snowed and snowed. It didn't stop, maybe all night. I didn't stay up all night to see, but I'm guessing it never stopped. But it sure did create a beautiful scene outside my window today. I didn't stay out with Buddy long because it's sloshy! Let me share some of the beauty with you.

The icesicles that loom along the edge of my home have begun to form. They don't form over the doorways, and we're SO lucky for that.


This view is from under our tree, on the side of the house. Every tree is covered with a soft, fluffy, yet dense layer of snow. It wasn't like a normal snow we have here where it all falls off the trees and accumulates on the ground. All the trees are heavy with snow, weighed down, their branches stretching in arcs and I feel they are empathizing with me in some nature-intertwined-with-human sort of way.


I stood under our big tree and I must admit I was a little frightened. The sun was bright and melting all the snow, slowly. Every so often a glob would slide off a branch or rooftop or anything and plop in the ground. I didn't want a glob to catch me off guard and hit me in the middle of the head.

Oh but it is beautiful. I haven't been fond of the idea of another snow storm. I'll tolerate it when it's here but it is such a nuisance in the morning when I'd rather not spend 15 plus minutes cleaning off my car and still worry that the delinquent snow in the middle of my red roof will come sliding down, covering my windshield, just when I'm trying to switch lanes to avoid a semi truck. But it's moisture. And we need it. So I'll take it.

And it is beautiful.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Fun!! I love when the trees are covered in snow like that. Especially in neighborhoods where there are lots of trees and it looks like a canopy over the street. That's my favorite.

Adams Family said...

WHERE DO YOU LIVE NOW?

Megan said...

I love the pictures! The snow is soo pretty in the trees.

(But I do HATE driving in it...)

Heather said...

I love the last 2 pictures especially. Sweet photography! And up here in the land were it snows nearly every day, thanks for reminding me that it's not all bad. I would prefer it, however, if it only snowed on the weekends. =)

Heather said...

♥ the 2nd picture. Absolutely beautiful.

Amy said...

Ooooooooklahoma where the wind comes rushing down the plains...

heidi said...

wow, those are great pictures, it looks so pretty. i love the icesicles, they are so cool looking

Adams Family said...

Yes, you need to double check your warranty when you have the baby, seriously, when your warranty is up there is no returning them!!!!