Tuesday

But if it weren't for the hair, we'd be even.

Let's just get this straight. You know, just so we're on the same page.

Just because I'm pregnant and I've never thrown up, it doesn't mean I think I'm better than all the thrower-uppers in the world. And sometimes, I know I'd feel better if I DID throw up. But I haven't. Not since November of 2006. And before that it was years. ... I've never been one to thrown up but I certainly did not expect that fact to follow me into pregnancy. It certainly might change in subsequent pregnancies. Who knows? Further, I don't really like to eat as much anymore. Maybe that's it. If this baby would just stop taking up the room my stomach should be occupying, I'd eat more and maybe throw up because that's what pregnant women do.

So the reason I say this is that I have to have blood work done today. And I feel like I want to throw up. I have rare blood. It's precious, even. Some might go as far as to call it the universal donor... because it is. I mean, I am. I am the universal donor. But I don't donate. I'm not stingy (intentionally) and it's not like I don't have time. I have time. ... But I have NEVER had a good experience when a needle was injected into my veins. Never.

Except once. I once gave blood in Thatcher, AZ and it was pretty quick and pretty painless. But then there was the time they went through my vein. Oh, and the one time in the ER where I BAWLED because it hurt so bad... Those bad experienceS far outweigh the good ONE and make me content with my decision not to be a regular donor. Not like my hero of a husband.

Ted has that regular donate-to-its-kind sort of blood. But that doesn't stop him from sitting in a chair for TWO HOURS just to fill one bag. Then he gets 2 stickers and the admiration of every woman there.

I digress.

So, for the record: Just because I don't throw up and I have amazing blood, this doesn't mean I'm better than you. Not even in my semi-delusional world. Because you have things that make you way cooler than me, I'm sure. It just means that I don't really throw up and that if I cared to share my blood, most likely, you could have some and your body wouldn't reject it.

That's all.

Oh, but did I mention my hair is naturally curly? Now, that's another case all together.

1 comment:

Geneva said...

hahha I've tend to notice that women who had very vomitous pregnancies are very bitter towards women who don't. I promise I won't hate you when I'm pregnant :)