Wednesday

When Did That Happen?

So, at some point, I grew up. Who knew?

But. I'm feeling very Peter Pan today. For instance, I miss my girlfriends.

Would it be bad to declare that I rarely miss my girlfriends? We talk regularly enough. And really, I'm not one to "miss" people... I think it comes from moving around a lot in my life. You make friends, you move, you keep the good ones, talk with them when you can or are so inspired to do so, and you enjoy the friends you have currently. And I am enjoying the friends I have currently. Last night Amy came to my house and made me a lot of bacon. Bacon, people, it was fabulous. We complained about our inability to cope as of late and how I'm a walking fruit salad (... that does have a very good explanation.)

So, what I'm saying it, I feel like Peter Pan. I've got the never-growing-up thing bad. The major issue with that is that I did grow up. So I'm moping around being sad that I'm grown up, go to work every day, have to walk my dog when he barks me awake, do dishes, mop the tile floors regularly, drive in the snow, go grocery shopping, run out of sick time because I'm pregnant, have to pay bills ... My list meanders along. And while these things irritate me in the present, I'm glad that I have a job ... you know, to pay the bills. Glad I have to walk my dog, because he's good company when Ted's not home. Glad to mop the floors because of the feeling of accomplishment when my house is clean. Glad to drive in the snow because it means I don't live in Phoenix. ... But that doesn't mean I don't get to mope a little.

Oh, and be a little teary. Blame the lemon (half of the fruit salad) aka the baby. Hormones, friends, hormones.

In short, I miss my girlfriends.

And I wish there were more seasons of Gilmore Girls.

7 comments:

Pammy said...

I miss you too... and I don't have a problem with hormones :) I love you BUNCHES and LOADS and TANTO... I'm trying to think of how many ways I can really express the amount of love I have for you... I'm sure you get the point :)

k.c. said...

I do. And thank you. It would help if you wished there was another season of Gilmore Girls, too, though. Haha, just kidding. Ü

Craig & Lisa said...

Ahh--Kelly, I am in love with your post. I hate being grown up so I just forget trying to remember how old I am. The other day I acutally asked Craig how old I was. Lets fly to neverland and pretend to be pirates.

Heather said...

Life is wonderful. We get to experience so many blessed things, but growing up and taking on the responsibilities that come with it can be daunting. Just think that you will get your Peter Pan wish with your baby, now that is living!

heidi said...

i get like this sometimes, i'm sorry! i hope that you feel better soon

Jace & Erin said...

When you say, "wash my floors regularly"... is that like a daily/weekly/monthly regular? Cause I'd be impressed with any of those.

k.c. said...

Definitely weekly, sometimes bi or tri-weekly... it snows here, I have a dog... and a husband ...